Every day, we sell 2015 Toyota Corollas for a little over the $20,000 mark. This varies a bit based on options chosen by the customer, but what really intrigued me was that the price hasn’t increased in over 10 years!
So just for fun – my life must not be that exciting? – I looked at a very common package today versus what you could buy 10 years ago for the same price. I kept the comparison at the retail price so that it was an apples to apples look.
Today, our best-selling package is the 2015 Corolla LE CVT. The list price is $21,600, plus tax.
In 2005, our best-selling package was the 2005 Corolla CE (C pkg). The list price was $21,395, plus tax.
The difference is just $205 and look at all the stuff that you get now!
- 6.1” Audio display with voice recognition, Bluetooth capability, auxiliary and USB inputs for ease of pairing with your personal listening devices, six speakers and steering wheel audio controls.
In 2005, the sound system was an AM/FM Stereo CD with four speakers.
In 2015, you get:
- heated front seats, backup camera, remote trunk release and all-season floor mats along with the carpeted ones.
- front seat side, driver knee and rear side curtain air bags along with the front passenger and driver air bags that were standard in 2005.
- LED headlamps versus the halogen ones in 2005.
- plus, all the features of the Star Safety system and much more!
IT’S CRAZY. The Toyota Corolla today is an absolutely incredible deal, and with finance and lease options, it’s even more affordable than ever before.